Tuesday, January 26, 2010

grateful musing...

Blogging---a promise broken---of trying to be more faithful to writing. Now I am seeing the ability to have "mobile blogs". Yikes---this tech world is leaving me behind, and I am short of breath trying to catch up and catch on...

Our heads are all filled with the Haiti tragedy. It is unimaginable. We Californians were trapped in our houses during an unusual week of rain and flooding and were all going steer crazy. Imagine not having a house, or members of your family (that's coming up next). I chose to concentrate on the "miracles" and the strength of the people. The US has come forward and hopefully we will continue to help this very humble nation.

Now, members of your family. Abigail's b'day is this month (16) and Evan's 8th. I called Matthew last Sunday to see when we were celebrating Evan's. (people who know this family know that we celebrate "ground hogs day")---anything to gather. He said, "I was going to call you---I got hit by a car". Of course the mother in me wanted to rush over and see for myself that which he was telling me, that he wasn't hurt too bad. I know, I know, he's forty---but I think any mother out there can understand. Gratefully, his injuries tho' painful, are not permanent. He was jogging in Carlsbad, and a car hit him from behind, throwing him up on their windshield. Sore all over, I know he knows he dodged a bullet. Why do we say that??? That's another blog. Besides---I knew exercise was bad for you. Hope you are all well and happy. geo signing off...

No comments: