Saturday, June 27, 2009

weekend

How fast the weekend rolls around. It is nearly the 4th of July and I need to remind myself to take a vacation or something. It's just because it is sooo beautiful here, where we live it's hard to keep track of the days. My sister, back in Michigan, always says, "...how do you guys know when you are on vacation living here?" It is tough.

Tracy and I went to see "My Sister's Keeper". It's a winner, but cetainly a chick flick, unless you are dating and he is still trying to please. Bring tissues.

I'm sad with the death of Michael Jackson. I recall when he was very little, as was Donny Osmond and I LOVED LITTLE MICHAEL without any doubt. Some of his songs can still bring a tear. He did get so wierd in his later years, however, we weren't there. So I prefer to keep the little guy in my mind, singing, "Ben". His mark is certainly left on the world of music and I liked what Quincey Jones said in part; "today I lost my little brother and a piece of my soul".

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend...great for the beach or the pool or better yet a good book.

geogems signing off

1 comment:

Elena Lai Etcheverry said...

glad you are posting Georgia! Love the way Jackie spruced up your blog! I will miss Michael too. such a loss. strange how we feel it.